Fishing is available on 3 lakes across 2 sites between 16 June to 15 May, we follow a closed season 16 May to 15 June each year.
Fairlop Waters Country Park
Offers the angler a choice of two waters:
East lake – Day tickets
A 3.5 acre lake with a large head of Carp. This lake also offers Tench and Bream up to 10lbs. A disabled angling platform is in place with wheelchair access.
Main Sailing Lake – Members only
The sailing lake, which covers an area of 38 acres, is also available for night fishing. This lake has a large head of Carp, Roach, Bream, Perch and Pike of varying size with some specimens up to 30lbs.
1) You must be in possession of a valid Environment Agency (EA) Rod Licence.
This must be shown when purchasing a season or day ticket.
2) Fishing times on East Lake throughout day and night. Fishing times on Sailing Lake summer throughout day and night (members only)
3) Maximum 3 rods allowed on the Main Lake / Maximum 2 rods allowed on the East Lake
4) Rods not to be left unattended at any time
5) Back leads to be used on both lakes
6) Only Members permitted to fish the main lake
7) No Carp to be kept in keep-nets or sacks
8) All Carp and Tench to be returned to the water immediately
9) Unhooking mats must be used 32”
10) Landing nets must be a minimum of 36 inch
11) Barbless or crushed barb hooks only
12) No guns, air pistols or weapons allowed on the fishery
13) No bonfires or barbeques
14) Excessive use of alcohol (being over the legal driving limit) will result in the loss of season or day ticket
15) All litter to be placed in bins
16) Do not damage vegetation or trees
17) Dogs and children must be kept under strict control
18) Anyone causing injury to swans or any wildlife will be banned from the fishery
19) Vision management may alter angling times dependent on other activities on the lakes
20) On the main lake Bivvies to be made visible so that all lake users know you have rods in the water!
21) No casting out when boats are within 100 metres
22) No bait boats are to be used when other boats are on the water.
23) Maximum of 72 hours on any swim at a time
24) Only authorised swims will be available, use of an unauthorised swim will result in the member being asked to leave
25) Boats will have priority over angling, angler may be asked to move to another swim by a member of Vision staff
26) Failure to observe any of the rules or the reasonable instructions of a Vision member of staff or the London Borough of Redbridge (i.e. Parks Police) or act in a way that interferes with the enjoyment of others using the facilities, will result in the offender being removed and banned from using the facilities and their season ticket being terminated without refund
27) No refunds will be made for mislaid, lost or stolen season tickets
28) Reissue of season tickets will incur an administration fee of £15
29) Season tickets are not transferable
30) Senior citizen tickets are issued to persons over the age of 60. Proof of age will be required
31) Junior tickets are issued to Under 16s. Proof of age will be required.
32) Children under 12 will not be allowed to fish without adult supervision
33) Season tickets to be shown to any Vision staff on request, abusive behaviour to Vision staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
34) 2 passport photos to accompany all applications for season tickets.
35) Vehicles are only allowed in car parks and no other part of the Country Park.
36) Vehicles will not be allowed in or out of the site after the gates have been locked and all gates must not be tampered with.
Vision RC&L does not accept liability for personal injury, loss, theft or damage to personal property
I agree to all the above rules and to follow these at all times. Failure to do so will result in season or day tickets being terminated.
Fishing Lake – day tickets
Day angling only during park opening hours on north bank. Season or day tickets must be purchased from Fairlop Waters Country Park.
- Day tickets 7am – 7pm £16 adult, £10 seniors, juniors & leisure pass holders (purchase from the Boathouse at Fairlop Waters)
- 2022/23 season tickets adults £320
- 2022/23 season tickets seniors, juniors or leisure pass holders £150
You must have a valid Environmental Agency Rod Licence when purchasing any tickets. Season tickets also require 2 passport sized photos.