Ilford War Memorial Gardens
The Memorial was built to recognise and remember the 1,159 fallen during the First World War from Ilford. It was unveiled on the 11 November 1922 by the daughter of Queen Victoria, Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll.
Ilford War Memorial Gardens Action Group (IWMAG) has worked with local residents, businesses, visitors and Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure to maintain the gardens and ensure our heroes are not forgotten.
This effective partnership helped the gardens to achieve the prestigious Green Flag Award.
Conservation work on the “Men Of Ilford” War Memorial was completed in May 2015 with the help of The War Memorials Trust who provided partial funding of just under £5,000.