Redbridge Cycling Centre
Customer Notice: Redbridge Cycling Centre re-opened on Monday 6 July. Opening times are 10am-6pm Monday-Sunday.
For the safety of customers and staff we will be operating a phased re-opening with limited services to start with, which will be casual use of the road & mountain bike tracks with own bikes and helmets only and customer bike repairs. At present we are not providing bike hire or opening the BMX track.
We are introducing a number of measures and new procedures so that customers can use the Cycling Centre safely and enjoy their visit. We look forward to welcoming customers new and old back to the Centre!
Information for Customers visiting Redbridge Cycling Centre
- The centre will be open Monday to Sunday from 10am-6pm for casual use of the road & mountain bike tracks with own bikes and helmets only
- We are offering customer bike repairs but we expect demand to be high so bikes will be serviced on a first come first served basis. Bikes should be brought into the reception area and placed in designated bike racks, where the staff will collect and disinfect after taking customer details.
- When visiting the centre please observe social distancing measures with staff and customers. Track use will be limited to a maximum of 2 hours and customers must keep 2 metres apart from riders not from their own household on the track and in the Centre.
- We will be limiting numbers to a maximum of 80 riders on the road track and 30 on the mountain bike track and we will require customers to provide their name at reception to enable us to monitor this.
- On the road circuit we will require riders to keep to the left hand side of the track and only overtake on the right side of the track allowing a gap of at least 2 metres. On the mountain bike track overtaking is not permitted except on wider areas where it is safe to do so.
- Allow sufficient time and space to riders in front of you and after overtaking do not ‘cut back’ in front of the rider.
- Be considerate of other riders especially younger riders or less experienced riders. STAY ALERT – STAY SAFE
- Please avoid using the toilets if possible and wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Come to the Centre dressed ready to ride as we are not opening changing rooms or providing lockers and once finishing your visit please leave the site promptly.
- We will only be accepting contactless payment or Apple Pay and will not accept cash.
- Users of the Centre should ride within your ability, don’t try difficult skills or ride too fast.
- If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household are self isolating you should stay at home and not visit the Centre.
Redbridge Cycling Centre is a facility for cyclists of all abilities, from families to competitive riders. We have a large stock of hire bikes including mountain bikes, road bikes, BMXs, children’s bikes, balance bikes, trailer bikes, bikes with child seats as well as number of adapted bikes for disabled users. The Centre can also provide cycle coaching to groups and individuals from complete beginners through to experienced riders. Please note last entry is 1 hour before closing time, and last bike hire is 1.5 hours before closing.