Updated 19 December 2022
All of our libraries, leisure centres and other facilities are open as usual.
All car parks within our Parks and Open spaces are now open.
Staying safe near frozen lakes
- Children should not go on the ice under any circumstances
- Stay away from the edge of bodies of water as uneven terrain can make slips and falls more likely
- Whenever possible, stick to well-lit routes away from water
- Keep dogs on a lead when they’re near the ice, and don’t throw sticks or toys on to the ice
- If a pet falls in, do not go on to the ice nor into the water to rescue them, move somewhere where the dog can climb out and call them to you
For more information on staying safe near frozen lakes visit the Redbridge Council website.
Gritting and road users
Please re-visit this page for further updates.