Vision RCL are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our customers as we assess the constantly evolving situation in the UK at the moment.
We are taking the Government’s advice very seriously and have implemented changes across our service to ensure the health and safety of our customers and staff during these unprecedented times.
Currently the only service that remains open is parks and allotments. Details of all other services are as follows:
Culture and Sports
Kenneth More Theatre and Redbridge Drama Centre have suspended all public performances until further notice. These will be rescheduled to future dates.
Redbridge Music Service all face to face teaching and groups are suspended until further notice. The music school will be in contact regarding how to access lessons with your normal teacher and receive activities and feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you think we don’t have a recent email address for you.
Redbridge Museum & Heritage Centre is closed until further notice.
Valentines Mansion has suspended all open days, events and private functions until further notice. The gardens remain open. Private hire bookings are being taken from the beginning of August onwards. Please note this date is subject to change as we continue to follow government guidelines and will continue to update you of any changes.
Mildmay Nursery will remain open for key workers children in line with government guidance on schools.
Wanstead and Loxford Youth Centres are closed until further notice.
All of Vision RCL’s arts and sports events and activities programmes are cancelled until further notice this includes Walking for Health and Tea Dances.
There are no public Events taking place in parks at this time.
All of our Leisure Centres are closed until further notice, including Cricklefields and Ashton Playing Fields.
Redbridge Cycling Centre is closed until further notice.
Owls Play Centre and Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre are closed until further notice.
All Redbridge libraries are closed until further notice. A fines amnesty is in place which means that there will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being and books will be automatically renewed.
The libraries events and regular activities programme has been suspended until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Find out how to use our online library services including ebooks, audio books and more. You can sign up for a library card and start using the online services straight away.
Still have questions for our libraries team? Get in touch with a library staff member on one of the numbers below (from 10am-5pm):
- 020 8708 7750 for Clayhall Library, Fullwell Cross Library, Gants Hill Library, Goodmayes Library, Keith Axon Centre, Seven Kings Library
- 020 8708 7400 for Aldersbrook Library, Hainault Library, South Woodford Library, Wanstead Library and Woodford Green Library
- 020 8708 2420 / 020 8708 2417 for Redbridge Central Library
Parks & Open Spaces
Currently our parks and open spaces including Hainault Forest and Fairlop Waters are open, but some of our facilities are closed (see below).
When visiting our parks please follow social distancing guidelines set in place by the Government. Please follow the parks safety rules set out below:
- Remain 2 metres away from others at all times
- All children’s play areas, outdoor gyms, tennis/basketball courts and skate parks are closed for your safety
- All public toilets within our parks are now open, except for Ray Park.
- Keep your dog on leads at all times
- Only use the park alone or with members of your own household. You may meet with 1 person from outside your household but you must maintain 2metres distance at all times
- No games of football/cricket
- Avoid touching surfaces such as gates and railings
- Wash your hands when you get home
Foxburrows Farm at Hainault Forest and Fairlop Waters 18-hole golf course at Fairlop Waters remains closed for the time being.
Angling lakes at both Hainault Forest and Fairlop Waters remain closed for all fishing.
We are looking at contingency plans should matters escalate. If we reach a situation where the services we provide cannot be delivered due to staff shortages or change in policy, then some of our green spaces may have to be closed at short notice.
All Nature Conservation volunteering sessions across the borough have been paused until further notice and walks cancelled.
All of our allotment sites remain fully open at this time, but please ensure you are following social distancing guidelines when visiting your allotment site.
Do More at Home
We advise you to check back here for the most up to date information on all of the Vision services.
Keep up to date with latest government news
For all the latest advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) click on the Government website.
It includes information on how to protect yourself and guidance for employers and businesses.
- Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
- Do not meet others, even friends or family.
- You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
Culture at Risk
If you are an arts organisation, business or individual working in the cultural sector, creative industries or night-time economy in London, please visit the Mayor of London’s Culture at Risk page to register your details for support, guidance and resources.