Location: The Spa, Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre, Barkingside IG6 2EA
Salary: £24,303 – £26,832 per annum – depending on experience. Pay increase of 3% awarded from 1st September 2022
Type: Permanent, Full Time – 40 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 26th August 2022
Interview date: TBC
Located in the arches of Fullwell cross Leisure centre, The Spa is dedicated to creating a relaxing buffer to the pressure of the outside world. Focusing on both the health and wellbeing of both our clients and staff, The Spa creates a reviving, relaxing and rekindling vibe allowing an escape through our thermal experiences.
Located in the heart of our wellness Spa, you will be working with our Aroma and Steam rooms, Hydrotherapy pool, Sauna, our experience shower and a bucket shower.
As a member of our dedicated Spa team, you will be focusing on maintaining the high standards of the centre and creating an unforgettable experience for each of our guests.
- To carry out all beauty treatments to a high standard.
- To up sell all treatments and retail products.
- To carry out reception duties as required.
- To receive telephone calls, bookings and payment for use of the Spa’s facilities.
- To control the flow of customers through the spa.
- To deal with customers in a polite and efficient manner, face to face and on the telephone.
- To maintain the highest standards of food hygiene and cleanliness at all times.
- To guide, care for and assist customers in their choice and use of the Spa facilities.
- To work as part of a team to achieve the income and usage targets of the Spa facility.
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to increase the usage of the Spa facilities.
- To take the appropriate level of responsibility for health and safety.
- To develop a friendly but efficient working relationship with clients.
- Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 3.
- Previous Spa and Treatment experience.
- Previous experience of working within the leisure industry is preferred.
- Required to work outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends, public holidays with flexibility of location.
- Responsible for maintaining all relevant qualifications and attending training sessions as part of normal working arrangements.
In return, we will offer the successful Spa Therapist a company pension scheme, annual performance rewards, generous annual leave, an employee assistance programme and a GP Referral Scheme. In addition this Autumn 2022, we are introducing an enhanced employee reward and benefits programme which will include unlimited free access to Vision’s gyms, swimming pools and spa facilities at all Vision sites, a Corporate Health Cash Plan (which provides free access to essential health care and valuable health and wellbeing services), an employee recognition scheme, a cycle to work scheme and an electric leasing car scheme.
To request a copy of the job description and person specification, please email VisionRecruitment@visionrcl.org.uk.