Salary: £19,680 – £24,789
Location: Hainault Forest Country Park
Closing Date: 26th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the Ranger team at Hainault Forest. This is a terrific opportunity to play a role in a project that will make a real difference to the local community and restore and protect Hainault Forest.
- To create and manage a Ranger Pack resource at Hainault Forest and the development of the landscape and facilities for an outdoor Forest classroom
- To develop and lead on a programme of activities for schools
- To develop a programme of activities to develop skills within local community
- To assist on delivery of the Hainault Forest Restoration Project Outcomes.
- To protect, manage, enhance and interpret the Forest landscape, preserving its wildness and naturalness.
- To ensure that all organised activity and operations are sympathetic to the Forest landscape.
- To aid in delivery of the site’s events and activity programme.
- To assist on the development and running of the farm and its animals. Including building its connection with the Forest landscape
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team to implement the site management plan, leading on small access improvement projects, improved signage and interpretation, habitat improvement and community outreach programmes.
- To assist in the operational running of the Forest, including litter picking, grounds maintenance, minor maintenance and H& S inspections as required.
- To hold an appropriate environmental qualification or have work experience in a related discipline
- Experience of delivering learning and education programmes
- Experience of interpreting and promoting the natural environment to a wide range of people
- Ability to work on a Rota system, to include working weekends
- Ability to be available outside normal working hours, appropriate to work requirements
For further information regarding the role please email Ruth Pinner at email@example.com.