Volunteering helps to create opportunities and changes many people’s lives as well as shaping communities for the future. Volunteering gives you the chance to ‘give something back to the community’.
Many activities would not remain sustainable or manageable without the help of those individuals that provide their time.
Why volunteer with us?
- You will enjoy meeting people and making new friends
- You will increase your confidence dealing with the public in a professional setting
- You will learn skills around customer care, confidentiality where applicable and health and safety
- You will gain valuable experience for your CV and a reference if you volunteer for us on a regular basis
- Personal satisfaction of helping other people within your community
What do you need?
The minimum age for volunteering is 14 years but some roles require a minimum age of 18 years and you must reside in the UK. Please read through the role description for the volunteer post you are interested in for more information.
You will need to provide the contact details of 2 UK referees who are over 18 and have known you for at least 2 years and who also reside in the UK. This cannot be a member of your family.
You may need to have a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check carried out for certain volunteering positions. This is something we will arrange for you.
What opportunities are available?
There are many different opportunities available. Please see the job roles in the purple side bar.
Before applying please ensure that you read the contents of this page, as well as the job description.
We are guided by these shared values:
- Community Improvement
- Pride in service
- Have a few hours a month to spare
How to get involved
All of our library volunteering opportunities are show in the purple side bar. Read through the descriptions, decide what you would like to do and apply using the Apply to Volunteer form also in the purple side bar.