Volunteering helps to create opportunities and changes many people’s lives as well as shaping communities for the future. Volunteering gives you the chance to ‘give something back to the community’.
Many activities would not remain sustainable or manageable without the help of those individuals that provide their time.
Why volunteer with us?
- you will enjoy meeting people and making new friends
- you will increase your confidence
- you will learn new skills
- you may gain new qualifications
- you will gain valuable experience for your CV
- personal satisfaction of helping other people within your community
What do you need?
The minimum age for volunteering is 14 years but some roles require a minimum age of 18 years. Please read through the role description for the volunteer post you are interested in for more information.
You may need to have a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check carried out for certain volunteering positions. This is something we will arrange for you.
You may need to provide the contact details of 2 referees who are over 18, know you well but are not a member of your family.
What opportunities are available?
- Blue Badge Support
- Chatterbooks clubs
- Chess clubs
- Children holiday activities
- Code clubs
- CodeUp (adult coding)
- Homework Help
- IT support
- IT Basics
- And many more
How to get involved
To find out more about volunteering opportunities please email email@example.com