Would you like to get experience working with the public?
Redbridge Libraries are looking for sociable and IT literate individuals to help our customers to make the most of their IT and online experiences.
We are searching for individuals who are excited about the opportunity of growing and learning in a fast changing environment, who is eager to learn new skills and embrace transformative experiences.
You will be the go-to person who can do smaller tasks while seeing the bigger picture. You will support your branch library with a variety of duties which are outlined in each job description.
Our sessions that require IT volunteers are:
- Computer Skills IT Support Volunteers
- Computer Skills IT Basics Volunteers
- Computer Skills Volunteers for 1-1 Sessions
- CodeUp Volunteers
- Code Club Leader Volunteer
- One-to-One Tablet Trainer Volunteer
Do you have what it takes?
Are you able to read and write, and passionate about libraries – wanting to expand and enhance the activities that happen there as well as being willing to become an informal advocate of the library within your community?
Are you IT literate?
Are you responsible, reliable and dependable and have a few hours a month spare?
Are you an energetic person with loads of enthusiasm and an ability to train others?
When applying online please ensure that the library that you select is currently searching for volunteers.
Why you should volunteer with Redbridge Libraries
- You will increase your confidence dealing with the public in a professional setting
- You will learn skills around customer care, confidentiality and health and safety
- You will gain valuable experience for your CV and a reference if you volunteer for more than 35 hours
- Personal satisfaction at helping someone realise their potential
Please ensure that you have read all of the information under Volunteering on our main page before applying.