You need a library card to borrow items from a library including books, DVDs, CDs, eBooks and Audio books.
How can I borrow?
To use the online renewals and catalogue system you need your library card and pin.
- Search the online library catalogue for books, DVDs, CDs and audio books
- Visit your local library and ask our staff to do the search for you
- Search for eBooks and eAudio Books
- Have your books delivered to you for free (Home Library Service)
- Visit your nearest mobile library
How long can I borrow items for?
Borrowing books is free. There are charges for some other services.
At any one time, the maximum you can borrow is:
- 20 books up to 3 weeks
- 5 eBooks up to 3 weeks
- 4 DVDs up to 1 week
- 2 DVDs for children up to 1 week
- 8 Music CDs up to 3 weeks
- 8 Audio Book sets up to 3 weeks
- 4 Children’s Audio Book sets up to 3 weeks
If you would like to borrow an item for longer please ask at the library.
You can return items to any library in the London Library Consortium (please print and keep receipts for your records). You must return an item back before or on its renewal date. If you don’t, you will be fined.
The Foster Carers card is available to any registered Foster Carer resident in Redbridge. Foster Carers may borrow:
- up to 20 books for up to 6 weeks at any one time
- 2 CDs without charge for 3 weeks
- 2 childrens’ DVDs without charge for 1 week
- Redbridge Carers Support Service run English for Speakers of other languages (ESOL) classes at Central Library and Vision RCL provide free spaces for Carers.
- Redbridge Carers can attend cultural and library events for free if accompanying someone that needs assistance.
- Redbridge Carers can have access to the Home Library Service – a service for customers who still want to read but are unable to get to their local library. The service is open to anyone who for any reason is confined to their home and it is a free service.