We are delighted to announce that Redbridge Council will be renovating tennis courts in Redbridge Parks part of The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) Parks renovation fund.
This fund will see ten tennis facilities in Redbridge Parks restored for the benefit of the local community.
As the Council’s Leisure and Cultural delivery partner, Vision RCL are now inviting applications from tennis coaches (level 3 and above) to provide a comprehensive, community focused tennis development programme and tennis coaching service over a three year period.
The following sites will be part of the renovation, and therefore tennis coaching providers will be invited to tender at the following sites:
- Barkingside Recreation Ground
- Barley Lane Park
- Clayhall Park
- Elmhurst Gardens
- Goodmayes Park
- Loxford Park
- Ray Park
- Seven Kings Park
- South Park
- Valentines Park
The ambition of Vision RCL is to drive participation of tennis across the sites above, and to make tennis more accessible for local residents, whilst delivering a high standard of coaching. Vision RCL will be responsible for the maintenance and refurbishments of these courts.
With the success of Wimbledon, Tennis has become an increasingly popular sport within the last month, with many people keen to either learn, or develop their pre-existing skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those who want to provide inspiring coaching sessions and deliver effective and sustainable community tennis programmes for people of all ages and abilities within the local community, with access to refurbished courts and resources available from the LTA.
Expectations for coaching providers include:
- To preferably start coaching sessions on 1 September 2022
- The appearance of the coach must be acceptable which includes having appropriate tennis attire and footwear and must act in an appropriate manner at all times, reflecting positively on Vision RCL & London Borough of Redbridge
- Provide all equipment to provide and deliver both group and individual coaching
The successful providers:
- Will be led by an LTA Level 3 or above accredited tennis coach
- Will have experience in providing community-focused tennis activities and understand how to address barriers to participation
- Will meet with Vision RCL on a 6 monthly basis to review delivery and provide an annual report highlighting key performance indicators
The closing date for application is 12 August 2022.
For further information, terms and conditions, contact details and to apply please view the PDF below: