- Begin with a review of safety procedures.
- Wear proper clothing and protective gloves when picking up litter.
- Stay within your designated project boundaries.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Drink water often and take breaks on a regular basis.
- Report damaged signs or dangerous conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8708 3141
- Have a first aid kit on hand for small emergencies.
- Call 999 immediately if anyone is seriously injured, non-urgent 101.
- Use a dust pan and broom to sweep up broken glass.
- Have fun.
- Before eating or leaving the site please remember to always wash your hands, or use hand sanitizer.
- Don’t pick up litter in a road close to the edge of a road.
- Don’t pick up broken glass, hypodermic needles or other medical waste with unprotected hands. Be aware of dog fouling.
- Don’t pick up litter or debris you feel may be hazardous, or contaminated. Report the above items to the Parks & Open Spaces on: email@example.com or call 020 8708 3141
- Don’t work in severe weather conditions.
- Don’t try to pick up or move heavy tree limbs and objects.
- Don’t overexert yourself.
- Don’t participate under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.