Amateur Gardening Competition 2019
Help us celebrate 24 years of Redbridge in Bloom, by getting involved with our 2019 amateur gardening competition. Our theme this year is ‘A garden for the senses‘ to tie in with mental health and general health and well-being. Read our blog post Sow the seeds for good health for more information. Let your senses guide you to create a garden bursting full with with colour, smell and texture!
Entry is free and you are welcome to take part whatever your level of gardening expertise.
There are five general categories to choose from and a special category for schools which means that all ages can get involved!
- Best Front Garden
- Best Container Garden
- Best Public House
- Best Sheltered Housing / Residential Care Home
- Best Community Display
- Best School Gardening Project
Judging doesn’t require you to be in so it must be a space that is clearly visible from the road, but this could be a balcony garden or a paved front garden filled with beautiful pots and hanging baskets.
Closing date for entries is Monday 8 July, so plenty of time to create the perfect display. The closing date for school entries will be Friday 21 June.
Competition terms and conditions
- Please see above for the closing date and how and when winners will be notified.
- Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- The judging panel will be comprised of volunteers as chosen by Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure.
- Competition entrants may not contact any competition judges to discuss the Competition. In the event of such contact being made, immediate disqualification will result.
- Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure will endeavour to judge the entries between the advertised times but cannot guarantee this.
- The judges’ discussions and scoring will be private and confidential to the judges and Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the terms and conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Entry implies acceptance of all these rules and any rules published in relation to Redbridge in Bloom.