Amateur gardening competition
Thank you to all our keen gardeners entered our 2019 competition. There were lots of fantastic entries this year with pretty gardens bursting full with colour, smell and texture, as we celebrated 24 years of Redbridge in Bloom.
Our theme this year was ‘A garden for the senses‘ to tie in with mental health and general health and well-being, encouraging all residents to `get gardening’. Read our blog post Sow the seeds for good health for more information on the health benefits of gardening regularly.
The winners of the 2019 Redbridge in Bloom competition were announced in a ceremony at Valentines Mansion earlier this year. The winners and runner ups were presented with a certificate by the Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Zulfiqar Hussain. We would like to thank everyone that attended and all who participated in the competition. Please see the winners list below:
Best Sheltered Housing or Residential Care Home
- 1st Place – Stoneleigh Court
Best Community Display
- 1st Place – William Hinds
- 2nd Place – Goodmayes Baptist Church
Best Container Garden
- 1st Place – Shylaja Muringoor
- 2nd Place – Milly Rauf
- 3rd Place – Rabinder Kaur Chahal
Best Front Garden
- 1st Place – Khurram Hamilton
- 2nd Place – Shush Patel & Rajeshwari Shandaliya
- 3rd Place – Joita Dias
Best Public House
- 1st Place – The Prince of Wales
- 2nd Place – The George
Best School Gardening Project
- 1st Place – Snaresbrook Primary School
- 2nd Place – Mayespark Primary School
- 3rd Place – John Bramston Primary School
Competition terms and conditions
- Please see above for the closing date and how and when winners will be notified.
- Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- The judging panel will be comprised of volunteers as chosen by Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure.
- Competition entrants may not contact any competition judges to discuss the Competition. In the event of such contact being made, immediate disqualification will result.
- Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure will endeavour to judge the entries between the advertised times but cannot guarantee this.
- The judges’ discussions and scoring will be private and confidential to the judges and Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the terms and conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Entry implies acceptance of all these rules and any rules published in relation to Redbridge in Bloom.