The London Youth Games 2019 competition has begun and our Redbridge teams have already brought home impressive results! Every year Vision’s Sport and Health team work with children in the borough to build confidence, practice and build teams to compete for Redbridge in various sports including Badminton, Tennis, Netball and more.
During the two day competition held on Saturday 22 & Sunday 23 June at Redbridge Sports Centre, our teams competing for Redbridge came away with some great results and medals.
See the results from the London Youth Games posted below.
- Badminton – won Gold
- Table Tennis (Girls) – won Gold
- Tennis – won Silver
- Hockey – Girls and Boys both qualified for the finals on Sunday 7 July
- Table Tennis (Boys) – 5th place
- Netball – 5th place
- Squash (Boys) – 5th place
Redbridge also competed in the Judo competitions that took place at Lee Velley athletics stadium, picking up some medals!
- Judo Male – 16th place, with 2 individuals receiving Gold & 2 individuals receiving Bronze
- Judo Female – 8th place, with 1 individual receiving Gold & 2 individuals receiving Silver
Among the results for this year, our teams placed 10th in cycling, with one of our female cyclists receiving Gold and Silver, Gold in handball (girls) and 5th in handball (boys). We also placed 3rd and 5th in Kayak sprint & Slalom.
The London Youth games will culminate in the finals weekend on Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 July at Crystal palace.