All leisure centres reopened on Monday 12 April, use of gym equipment, swimming pools, swimming lessons and junior clubs are now available.
Outdoor sports including athletic tracks, astro pitches and grass pitches are also available to book.
Indoor sports such as group exercise classes, adult clubs, courses and racquet sports will re-commence from Monday 17 May. Fitness classes can be booked online from Monday 10 May.
When visiting a Vision Leisure Centre please wear a mask until you reach your activity. Customers not partaking in an activity must wear a mask at all times on the premises.
Guidance for Swimming Pool Use
We are extremely happy that our swimming pools are reopening, however swimming at Fullwell Cross, Mayfield and Loxford Leisure Centres will be different.
Please familiarise yourself with the changes and measures in place to ensure your swim is as safe as possible:
- Swimming for all sessions must be booked and paid for in advance More details on how to book below.
- Sessions are limited to maximum numbers of swimmers per lane and for one hour per session. Only lane swimming is permitted with competent swimmers in advertised public sessions must 12 years plus.
- Public Swim – to attend this session you must be 12 years and over and a competent swimmer
- Family Swim – for families with children 0-18 years (available at Fullwell Cross and Mayfield)
- Adults Only – for 16 years and over
- Social distancing in reception areas, pools and changing rooms must be followed at all times.
- You must come to the centre ‘pool-ready’. This means already wearing swimming attire under your clothes. Please arrive at the facility on time for your session. You may be required to queue outside prior to entering the centre to use the pool.
- You must shower prior to swimming, either at home or prior to entering poolside. Lockers are available.
- After your swim, showers will be available but please change and leave as quickly as possible. This will help staff with cleaning poolside and changing rooms between sessions.
- Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre changing rooms are now unisex with each changing room being used for alternate sessions. Mayfield and Loxford Leisure Centres have breaks between sessions for cleaning.
- Hairdryers or handryers are not available to use as they cause movement in the air particles.
If you have any questions about your swimming lessons please contact our Swim Vision co-ordinators on email@example.com or 020 8550 2366 (ext. 107) and they will be happy to discuss any queries or concerns you may have. Please contact our co-ordinators via phone/email rather than speaking to our swimming instructors on poolside as this may impact on their teaching time.
Vision may share your name and contact details with NHS Test and Trace if required as per Government Test and Trace procedure. If you do not want your details shared please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance for use of Gym and Classes
All gym and classes must be booked and paid for in advance online via our website or APP. See Guidance for Booking below. Members can book 14 days in advance and non-members 2 days in advance
- Sessions are limited to a maximum number of gym users per session, each session is for 55 minutes.
- You must arrive at the gym “gym ready” – there will be no changing facilities or showers available (The exception is South Woodford Gym as there is Pod changing).
- All gym equipment has been moved to be socially distanced, at Mayfield, South Woodford and Wanstead.
- Lockers are available at all gyms and please note the new lockers at Fullwell Cross require a personal padlock to use.
- All classes will be rearranged to provide social distancing between users
- There will be no changing facilities or showers available
The Spa at Fullwell Cross is still closed.
Guidance for booking
All sessions for swimming pools, gyms and studio classes must be booked and paid for in advance online.
The easiest way to book is via our app which can be downloaded for free on Apple or Android devices by searching VISION RCL.
You can also book online here
To book you need to know your online booking PIN and your ID number.
Your PIN and ID number is already in place – If you don’t know this information please email the membership team with your name and DOB or call 020 8550 2366.
You may already be on our system (if you have had swimming lessons, use the gym, have been to the spa or had a 10 for 8 ticket etc). If you don’t know your ID details please email the membership team with your name and DOB to receive your login details.
If you don’t think you are registered with us, please sign up via the web page above. If you experience a problem doing this, email the membership team with your name and DOB.
Members and non-members can book 7 days in advance for pool sessions.