The Exercise on Referral scheme is for Redbridge residents aged 16yrs+ who would benefit from increasing their levels of physical activity. It is aimed at individuals who are suffering from a variety of medical conditions and have been referred by their health professional.
Common Conditions for Referral
- Bone/Joint/Muscular Conditions
Benefits of the Scheme
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Assist with weight loss
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Control blood sugar levels
- Improve mobility and posture
- Strengthen muscles
- Improve overall well-being
Specialist Sessions Available
- Weight Management
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
Where are the sessions running?
- Gym sessions are running at Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre, Wanstead Leisure Centre, South Woodford Library and Gym and Mayfield Leisure Centre
- Online classes, which you can do at home including yoga, meditation, low impact aerobics and chair-based sessions
- Online 12 week nutritional course
All sessions must be pre-booked.
How to Join
Please speak to your Doctor or Practice Nurse, or other health professional, as they will be required to refer you to us.
If you require further information please contact us on 0208 550 4147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org